Sunday, March 13, 2011

LIDDY

Time to start blogging again :) Our sweet baby was born on Friday, February 18th at 7:34am.  She was due on Feb 13th, and 5 days over due is a LONG time! I was DYING and so ready for my baby to be here! I had a doctor's appointment the day before she was born, and there was NOTHING going on. I was distraught.. so my doctor gave me castor oil in hopes of getting things going.  I took castor oil on my own the day after her due date, and it obviously didn't work.  apparently i didn't take enough, because my Doctor gave me a huge amount to take at my appt.  They told me to mix it with juice and a Tbsp of baking soda, this was a mistake...  Castor oil is disgusting.  But mixed with juice and baking soda it turns into a chunky, oily beverage, and it was awful! I could barely keep it down.  However, at 11:45pm I started having contractions!   She was born about 8 hours later.  So I LOVE castor oil, it really works!  My contractions started at less than 5 mins apart. I called the doctor, and we headed to the hospital. By the time we got there they were less than 2 mins apart, and I was ready for an epidural.  After the epidural Ryan and I both went to sleep for a couple hours, and she was here before we knew it!

These pictures were taken at the hospital.  A photographer came by and asked if she could take Liddy's picture, I assumed it was the simple hospital snapshot with the hospital blanket and hat so I left Ryan and Liddy with the photographer. When I came back 10 mins later I was shocked that it was a real photo shoot! She had props and had gotten Liddy's blanket out and they were looking really cute! I was dying that my baby was being photographed and she didn't have a headband on! So i quickly got a headband out of my bag and put it on for the last couple of pictures.  At first I was sad that I missed out on putting a big bow or flower on her head for her first photo shoot, but then I decided this is probably better for us. She will probably have a flower or bow on her head in every picture for the rest of her life, so I decided it is nice that these pictures when she is only a day old in the hospital are just of her- nothing distracting :) and I love them.  

Liddy Kate Jackson






This is my favorite
We love her 

8 comments:

  1. Holy! you are blogging!? lets see if you can keep it up! i hope so, I need to see lots of pics of my little liddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you and Ryan. I can't wait to see more pics of you and the beautiful baby Liddy! Keep um comin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so sweet! Taylor and I are so happy and excited for you. I hope everything is going well with you and your pretty baby girl and that you are getting some sleep at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that I got to see a picture of her, but I really want to come over and see her. She is so cute and tiny. I hope when I get back from Alabama I can come over. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so pretty Whitney! I need to come visit you so I can hold her and see you! I hope you are doing good and enjoying your beautiful little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. finally! some pictures! i've been waiting to see these! we hope we will get to meet her soon...you guys are too close for us to not make a trip sometime!

    congrats on mommy-hood! should i be keeping my fingers crossed for more pictures soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whit! She is absolutely beautiful! So happy for you! Miss and love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete